Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunbathing

Sunshine rarely frequents the Emerald Isle but it made a surprise appearance this weekend.

After yesterday's sunny rays, I spent a big portion of the afternoon languishing in the garden.

I began sitting in a small chair - erect and proper. But the will-power quickly deserted me and I descended to the soft greens of the grass.

Glancing at the sky, I caught a glimpse of the skulking moon and a passing plane. How blue the sky seemed. Not a single speck of cloud.

All around me were fragments of leaves, the remnants of fall and floating daisies, the furniture of the elves.

When I arose from my springtime bed, resembling a grass nymph, my cheeks were happily aglow and my spirits much improved.

Oh, happy days.

No visual this time because the sun needs no embelishments.

No comments: