Friday, November 18, 2011

Squirrel Nutkin

It's no secret I'm mad about squirrels. I have stuffed animals, pictures, bookmarks and mugs.

Of course, nothing beats the real deal.

I just love it when I'm strolling through the park minding my own business when suddenly grey tail sweeps past. The sight of those black, beady eyes and fluffy ears melts my heart.

Yes, the two male gangsta wannabes ruined the moment when one of them exclaimed: ''I f*cking hate squirrels!''

I had to suppress the inclination to dump a barrel of nuts over his head. How can anyone hate them? They're so innocent and adorable - the way they dive into the leaves to powder their nose with dirt. Awwwr!

So I spent some time following various squirrels around with my camera. I tried to disguise myself as a tree but somehow, they saw right through me and made their escape.

Nevertheless, I managed to get some good shots in the end.








2 comments:

Shirley said...

Some lovely photos but I must admit I am not a great lover of squirrels. They eat the bird nuts and dig up my bulbs!

Anonymous said...

Nice shots of your favourite rodent. Where is it now? Somewhere under your bed????