Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year's Literary Resolutions 2012

Here we go again. Last year's resolutions weren't quite as successful as I would've liked.

Though I did finish my first book, entered a writing competition and got a bit more serious about my writing, I hardly wrote a word the last few months of the year.

Bad form, as Captain Hook would say.

So, now that I've moved house and got a bit more room (and an actual chair to sit on when scribbling typing away) I'm hoping to get back into my writing.

I will also do a bit more reading. I read maybe two or three books last year. Ouch. Now that I've been reunited with my to-read books (thanks to my aunt and uncle who brought them to England last month), I will compose a reading list for 2012.

Reading List 2012:

Jane Austen - Emma, Mansfield Park and Sense and Sensibility.
Georgette Heyer - Arabella, The Black Moth
Edith Wharton - The Age of Innocence
Gail Carriger - Changeless, Blameless, Heartless, Timeless
Emily Brontë - Wuthering Heights
George RR Martin - A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows, A Dance with Dragons

If I manage to read all of the above books or even exceed my expectations, I will be a very happy camper.

I will also continue work on my own Jane Austen-style regency romance, my steampunk novel and write some poetry.

1 comment:

Lynn Hallbrooks said...

Wishing you nothing but the best in your resolutions for 2012. I think you have some classics in store for you. :)