Tuesday, May 31, 2011

First sale for Exogenesis!

Sooo.....I've started doing promo for my book but it is a lot more difficult than I thought it would be.


Exogenesis has been up on Smashwords, Amazon.com and co.uk and Lulu.com for a week now and not not one single sale. -sad face-


EDIT! My first sale! Things are beginning to look up. Slowly. haha. I actually have a rank now on Amazon.com


Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #56,265 Paid in Kindle Store
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #39,409 Paid in Kindle Store
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #37,598 Paid in Kindle Store

I posted at some forums and emailed at least two dozen blogs for a review but haven't received any feedback yet - except to say that they're busy (and one person said she felt uncomfortable reviewing a book about demons and the Devil).


EDIT! The first positive reply. I will start a list of blogs that have agreed to review Exogenesis.


1. Kindle Obsessed: 
www.kindleobsessed.com (she has June off so probably sometime in July)

My book is also featured on: 
http://paradox-theangelsarehere.blogspot.com/

http://paradox-theangelsarehere.blogspot.com/2011/06/r-linnenkoper-debut-novel-exogenesis.html


On a more positive note, I sent off my manuscript to a literary consultancy for an assessment so I hope I will learn a lot from that.


Although my book now counts 81,000 glorious words instead of a mortal 77,000. Let's see what they say to version one before we continue with anymore edits.


I also tried to create a book video because that might help sales but my software abandoned me twice and I didn't want to start over a third time so I gave up for now.


4 comments:

Patsy said...

Congratulations on your promotion efforts and the first sale.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Patsy!

It has given me the motivation to keep trying.

Jenna said...

I'm *trying* to buy it, but Smashwords doesn't like my credit card for some reason, and I don't have a Kindle. I'll have to figure something out.

Unknown said...

Did you figure something out, Jenna?