Thursday, February 24, 2011

Strawberry Brunches

I can feel it in the air - like a whispered promise. Spring is coming. The birds told me so. As I skip to work at ungodly hours, their music accompanies and soothes me. How can I not be merry when the world around me is waking up from a long, cold slumber? I, too, am awakened once more. 

Today in particular was a very fine afternoon. Sunshine is scarce in Ireland. Methinks the leprechauns stuffed it in a pot at the end of a rainbow. But today, the drowsy sun, emboldened by its hibernation, greeted me with a gentle embrace. I bought myself the first ice-cream of the year, hurried to my favourite hiding place and sat down on the grass, watching the birds frolic in the bushes and listening to their song. I felt at that instant one with nature.

Ah, isn't life beautiful? At such moments, it seems most precious. Spring is a time for long walks and gardening - watching the flowers blossom before your very eyes. Spring is also an excellent time for high tea or elegant brunches. Last year, we had several and I would like to share with you a few photographs from those occasions. 








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like summer. Where is the summer now?